Monday 31 August 2015

Me and my Nutritional Immunology Journey

My university classmate first introduced me to the concept of Nutritional Immunology in year 2007. I did not really understand what it is and do not see the importance of daily food nutrition because I thought I was still young and have good health. So I brushed her off.

But in actual fact, I had numerous small health problems. Such as eczema, low blood count, often feeling cold, gastric, often getting flu and so on so on.....

Year 2012


Fortunately for me, she was persistent to help me to see the benefits of Nutritional Immunology. So in year 2012, I tried Oxyginberry Beverage for 6 months under her recommendation. To be honest, I know nuts what I am taking. All I know is that she will not harm me.

This started my daily consumption of Oxyginberry, a beverage that is high anti-oxidant and phytochemicals.

Three months after taking Oxyginberry, I noticed that my skin got significantly smoother. I was very surprised, so I contacted her to understand more about this product. I realised that this is a preservative-free, organic food nutrition!

So with my skin getting smoother, my confidence in the products improved. I looked through the product catalogue and found Vegaplex, a product supposed to improve blood iron levels and blood count. Without much delay, I bought Vegaplex and consumed it with Oxyginberry

In 2 weeks, I find that I do not feel so cold anymore. My lips look less pale now. I was so happy, but I wanted data to prove the efficacy of Vegaplex on my blood. Between 2011 and 2013, my health report clearly showed that I am have no more low blood haemoglobin count! I'll probably write more about this in the next post.

Soon, I also realised that I do not have eczema anymore. This is because I used to have dry itchy skin when I go to USA for work and the weather is dry and cold. But during one of the business trip, I realised that my skin did not give me problems anymore. 

First time in my life it showed up so clearly to me that having good health and strong immune system is so important. The intangible benefits of not having to scratch, feel irritated, feel unnecessarily cold all the time is really precious. 

No way am I going to give up my pursuit for fuss-free maintenance of good health via convenient and nutritious food products.


Year 2014 / 2015


One month after my ROM, I realised I was pregnant! Really one hit wonder! I am already in my mid 30s and I hit the jackpot with one try. Hahaha. 

Once I knew I was pregnant, I quickly purchased all the food nutrition and consumed them religiously everyday. My growing baby will be consuming all the nutrients from me. So I had to make sure I had sufficient by myself and her. I supplemented on plant proteins, folates, iron, antioxidants, omega-3, AA (the precursor of DHA required for brain development) and many other nutrients. Polysaccharides are also a must to build up and strength the immunity for my baby. 

What better and easier way to nourish my baby, than consuming the foods myself and passing them to her?


Today after giving birth to my darling girl, I still continue to make sure I give my girl sufficient nutrients and immunity via my choice of diet and feeding her breast milk. 

Looking at her grow everyday, makes all the money I spent and all the pain and inconvenience I went through during the pregnancy and delivery worth it! :-)

I just look into her eyes and always tell her... Mummy loves you <3



If you are keen to find out more about preservative-free, organic nutrition for pregnant ladies / lactating ladies, feel free to contact me for a COMPLIMENTARY consultation.


Ee Ting
Health speaker
eetingchoo@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.